Web Shield is one of the many features of Avast Antivirus which scans your system’s data when you’re working online, to avoid any loss of data as well as protects the malware from getting into your system.
Are you facing issues in your Avast’s Web shield feature that after turning off (manually or bugs), it can’t be turned on? Read this article to get help.
Follow the steps as listed below to fix the mentioned issue-
- Try Avast Repair utility
This feature of Avast boosts up your software means it allows you to resolve the issue without reinstalling the security software.
Check out the steps as listed below-
- In Windows 10, you need to click on the ‘gear-looking icon’ on the top of the windows logo. The Settings window will open up.
- After you’re in the control panel, scroll down towards the ‘programs’ section and select the ‘uninstall program’ option.
- Click on the ‘Apps’ option to open up all the installed programs and tools on your system, in case you’re using ‘Settings App’.
- In the ‘Control Panel’ or ‘Settings’ option look for the ‘Avast’.
- Select the ‘Change or Modify’ option.
- Avast Setup window will display on the screen with many choices. Choose the ‘Repair’ button and follow the instructions as show up on the screen to repair it.
- Wait until the Avast Repair utility resolves your issues and you get to see ‘Done’ message.
- After the process gets over, you need to recheck the Avast Web Shield to check on the issue whether it got solve or not.
In case you face any difficulty in between the steps as mentioned, feel free to call Avast Customer Service number to get help for the same.
- Update the latest version of Avast Antivirus
If the latest version of Avast fails to update automatically then you need to try it manually.
Follow the steps as listed below-
- Open the Avast user interface, located at the lower-right part of the screen.
- Move to the ‘Update’ tab in the Avast window and you’ll come across with the two update buttons-
- Update the virus definition.
- Update the Avast Antivirus.
- It is recommended to click on both the update buttons.
- Wait for the Avast to check for the updates and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
- Make sure the issue with the Avast’s Web shield gets solved completely.
For more information on Avast Antivirus or any of its products call Avast Customer Support toll free Number.